Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I'd like some wisdom, please.

There is a saying that goes, “with age comes wisdom.”

Sounds nice, should even be true, right? If you’re like me you’ve met some older people who have no more sense than when they were teens.

James 1:5 says, “if any of you lacks wisdom, ask God, who gives liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.”

I notice in this verse that there seems to be no age limit on who can ask or receive wisdom. In fact I believe the older I get the more and more I need wisdom.

My father-n-law and I have been talking, praying and seeking God about some plans I’ve shared with him concerning church planting. I want to make sure the time and place is a God thing and not a Vince idea.

He has told me, “Vince, if you make a mistake, you can recover. But at my age if I make a mistake, I die with that mistake.”

Why?

Recovery time.

The older we get the more and more we must seek God’s wisdom. A life that constantly seeks out Godly wisdom will one day get the luxury of saying, “at my age, I’ve got some wisdom.”

1 comment:

  1. true statement. age has more to do with experience than wisdom. no matter the age we still can gain more, and i think we can recover just as well.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for checking out my blog! Hope you were challenged and that you enjoyed the read.