Sunday, June 30, 2013

Recap from Sunday, June 30th

To put this morning in the words of one of our church partners, 
"What a great service this morning, followed by an AWESOME fellowship meal. If you missed it, you REALLY missed it!..."

It's really is awesome to see each week what God is doing.  Honestly, I knew with everyone who told me they'd be out this week that numerically we'd be low.  Even for our fellowship meal after service I only set about 60 chairs out.   Boy, was I wrong.  Here's a quick recap:
1) I expected a low crowd, due to holiday week but even with a dozen of our people out we still had 80 people!!!  
2) Every Sunday that has a fifth week we keep all the kids in adult service and have a fellowship meal afterwards.  We call it "Family Sunday" and today I think was the best one we've ever had.
3) Two years ago there were 4 children in the church, today there were 32.  Talk about alive atmosphere.  Kids also take up the offering on Family Sunday and wow, these kids are awesome.
4) Kicked off a message series inspired by one of my favorite Pastors, Andy Stanley, as we dive into looking at things God uses to build our faith.
5) Our ladies are really bringin' it with our Millbrooke Elementary outreach.  As of now we have raised about $800 to provided school  supplies for our neighbors.
6) We did something totally different in worship and the team did an amazing job, I really thing we "moved the ball forward" in teaching worship is not about style.  Such an amazing Spirit of God this morning during service.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for checking out my blog! Hope you were challenged and that you enjoyed the read.