Monday, October 13, 2008

Tribes

In his book, Seth Godin, goes into detail describing how we are all part of a tribe.

A tribe is any group of people, large or small, who are connected to one another, a leader, and an idea.

So the question that stands out is, "who will lead these tribes?" the Web can do amazing things but it can't provide leadership. That still has to be done by individuals---people like me and you. God has put inside of all of us a "ticker." You know, what is it in you that gets you going? What makes you tick? What is your passion?

Anyone who wants to make a difference now has the tools at their fingertips. Youtube, iMac, Facebook, Myspace....they all are just some examples of Tribes. They're Tribes because they all have one thing in common, followers---people connected to an idea, a common interest, a way of thinking. To be a leader, you need people who will follow you and the fact you have people who will follow you makes you a leader. You may not consider yourself a leader, but you must. We need, more than ever, you to step up to the plate and lead.

Ephesians 4:11 tells us that God gave every single one of us a gift, a gift that is supposed to bring out the best in others.

So if you're a leader of a blog tribe, leader of your own family tribe, leader of favorite football team tribe the key is to do that, lead. Lead with excellence. Lead with passion. Lead others to be what they were created to be, part of something bigger than themselves.

5 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to reading this book!
    BTW, welcome to the blogging world:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vince, you've become a blogger! I'm so happy you've joined the cool kids! You are now on my blogroll. And I like what you have to say about leadership. Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogging world Vince!I am going to post a link from my blog to here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Vince! You will be a great blogger, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome!

    I'll have to read this. (the book, I mean--of course I'll read the blog)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for checking out my blog! Hope you were challenged and that you enjoyed the read.